Awards and Recognitions
Like many of our clients, McGladrey started out small. Striving. Entrepreneurial. What distinguished us from our competitors was our keen focus on client service. It has always been all about understanding our clients – their business, their aspirations, their challenges. By understanding our clients, we are able to provide them with fresh insights and tailored expertise to help them succeed.
Today, McGladrey is a respected industry force, with coast-to-coast offices and global resources that serve our clients' growing business needs. We are a national firm with more than 6,500 employees working from more than 75 offices nationwide. But while we come from different places, we share core values – a focus on respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship – that remain true to our founding principles.
We are key to our clients' success. When they succeed, we succeed. And based in part on recent awards and recognitions, we are succeeding. Here are a few of our recent national acknowledgements:
- McGladrey was recognized by Accounting Today as a Technology Pacesetter
- McGladrey joined the 2012 Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle, President’s Club
- McGladrey was named as Working Mother Best Company for Leadership in Creating a Family-Friendly Policy and Culture
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey Wealth Management No. 3 on its List of Firms by Assets Under Management
- The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption named McGladrey one of America’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey No. 5 on its Top 100 Firms list.
- Bob Scott Insights named McGladrey a 2011 VAR Stars Winner.
- McGladrey was named to the elite 2011 Microsoft Dynamics® Inner Circle.
- McGladrey was named a 2011 Working Mother 100 Best Company for the fifth year.
- McGladrey was recognized as a Top 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- McGladrey was honored with the with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- McGladrey received the American Women's Society of Certified Public Accountants' (AWSPCA's) "Leadership – Lead by Example Award" for championing women's issues in the workplace.
- McGladrey was named Accounting Today ranked RSM McGladrey, together with McGladrey & Pullen LLP, as the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S. in its 23rd annual list of the Top 100 Accounting & Tax firms, for the fifth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named the "2011 Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year" at the inaugural Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) New York Champion's Awards gala. RSM McGladrey was also recognized in the "Middle-Market Deal of the Year: Between $25 million and $100 million" and "Consumer and Retail Products Deal of the Year award categories.
- McGladrey was named Accounting & Transaction Advisor of the Year at America M&A Atlas Awards Gala
- McGladrey was named to Flex-Friendly's list of Certified Flex-Friendly companies for the second year in a row.
- McGladrey was named to the 2011 Microsoft Dynamics® Inner Circle
- Fifty-three McGladrey offices were honored with the 2010 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility; an additional four offices received honorable mentions.
- McGladrey was named a member of the 2010 VAR Stars by Bob Scott's Insights, a publication of the Progressive Media Group that covers the mid-market financial software community.
- McGladrey was selected by the Working Mother 100 Best Companies initiative as one of the nation's top 100 companies for family-friendly benefits, while the firms' WorkLife flexibility options were also selected as "Best in Class." This is the fourth time the firms' were named on the list, and the second time their WorkLife options received Best in Class designation.
- The Dave Thomas Foundation recognized McGlarey on its annual "America's 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace" list. The list spotlights the top 100 companies from across the antion that offer employees outstanding adoption benefits and services.
- McGladrey was named by M&A Advisor as the 2010 Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth largest accounting tax and business consulting firm in the United States for the fourth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named to Flex –Friendly's inaugural list of Certified Flex-Friendly companies – one of only 24 companies across the nation to be included on the list.
- McGladrey attained ASPPA (American Society for Pension Professionals & Actuaries) certification for its Third Party Administration (TPA) services for employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Microsoft named McGladrey a "Microsoft FY10 Inner Circle Partner," placing McGladrey among the top one percent of all global Microsoft Dynamics value-added reselling partners, for providing outstanding business solutions.
- McGladrey received Microsoft Dynamics President's Club status for sales performance.
- McGladrey was awarded two of four iMIS Technology and Innovation of the year Awards by Advanced Solutions International (ASI) - one recognizing the best use of technology and one recognizing the best overall innovation.
- McGladrey was recognized by Level Platforms as the 2010 Rookie of the Year for its rapid adoption, deployment and success in managed services.
- RSM International rose to sixth place in global industry rankings by International Accounting Bulletin.
- McGladrey was ranked among North America's Top 500 Technology Integrators.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked McGladrey among its third annual "Best Places to Intern."
- Thirty-three McGladrey locations were honored with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workforce Flexibility, as part of the When Work Works project, an ongoing initiative of the Families and Work Institute, the Institute for a Competitive Workforce (an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce) and the Twiga Foundation. The firm was also honored with the Working Family Support Award for its monthly WorkLife seminars.
- The McGladrey Technology Business Solutions Practice was selected as a member of the 2009 VAR Stars, a group of 100 organizations honored for accomplishments in the mid-market financial software sector, by Bob Scott's Insights.
- Working Mother magazine ranked McGladrey one of its "100 Best Companies," and recognized the firm's flexibility options for employees as "Best in Class."
- BusinessWeek magazine ranked McGladrey among its "Best Places to Launch a Career" (for the second consecutive year).
- Accounting Today, ranked McGladrey third in its annual listing of the Top 100 Value Added Resellers (VARs) in the United States.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey as the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S. in its 22nd annual list of the Top 100 Accounting & Tax firms, for the third consecutive year.
- Boardroom Magazine awarded its Excellence in Achievement Award to McGladrey in the category of Tax Consultant of the Year.
- Everything Channel named McGladrey's IT consulting practice one of North America's top technology integrators in its annual VAR500 ranking.
- The Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP), an organization committed to defining and recognizing WorkLife advancements and best practices, chose McGladrey as the recipient of its distinguished Work-Life Innovative Excellence Award for our Coach-on-Call program.
- The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption recognized McGladrey on the Foundation's annual America's 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace list. The list spotlights the top 100 companies from across the nation that offer employees outstanding adoption benefits and services.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey as one of their Top 15 "Best Accounting Firms to Work For."
- BusinessWeekmagazine ranked McGladrey among its "Best Places to Launch a Career."
- The Conference Board awarded McGladrey its "Moving Into the Future Award" for our innovative Coach-on-Call WorkLife solution. The annual award features companies that creatively address workplace issues that yield positive impact.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S., for the second consecutive year.
- McGladrey received Inside Public Accounting's 2008 Reader's Choice Award in the publication's 2008 "Best of the Best" special edition.
Regional/Local/Employee Awards/Recognitions include:
- The AICPA selected McGladrey’s Natalie Tucker as Vice-Chair of its Technical Resource Panel
- McGldarey’s Joe Adams and Phyllie Deiso were named to the NACD Directorship 100
- McGladrey’s Richard Caturano was elected Chairman of the AICPA
- Accounting Today recognized McGladrey’s Richard Caturano on its Top 100 Most Influential list
- McGladrey's Davenport, Iowa office received the Patriot Award for support of the National Guard Reserve members.
- Entreprenuers for North Texas recognized McGladrey with its North Star Award for a powerful commitment to making a meaning contribution to neighborhoods and for being a good corporate citizen.
- M&A Advisor named McGladrey's Michael Grossman, Joe Kinslow and Jared Ruger as “40 Under 40” Award Recipients.
- Chief Risk Officer Bruce Jorth was appointed to PCAOB's Standing Advisory Group, and to the AICPA's Professional Ethics Committee.
- Richard Caturano (Boston) began a one-year term as AICPA vice chairman of the board.
- ACIPA honored McGladrey's Jim Sansone with its inaugural Sustained Contribution Award.
- The AICPA appointed McGladrey's Bob Adams (Washington, DC) to the IRS Practice & Procedures Committee.
- Tracey Walker Sullivan was named a Future Leader Award recipient by Consulting magazine.
- McGladrey's Baltimore, MD office was named a recipient of the 2011 Mayor's Business Recognition Award for demonstrating outstanding community service and for other contributions made through the firm's Community Service Initiative.
- Bill Kracunas, technology practice leader for McGladrey's East Region, was by Consulting magazine as a "Top 25 Consultant in the U.S."
- Partners Marty Brunk, Dominic DuBois and Brian Meritt (Baltimore Metropolitan area), and Michael Monaghan (Washington, DC) were named to SmartCEO magazine's list of SmartCPAs. Award recipients embody leadership, accomplishment, innovation and success, according to the pubication's editors.
- Ricki Lasky, sports marketing senior director, was one of 25 female executives to be recognized by the Charlotte Business Journal during it's 15th annual Women in Business Achievement Awards luncheon.
- The McGladrey Kansas City office was named one of the "Best Companies to Work For" by Ingram's magazine for 2011. Award criteria focused on companies whose management practices, educational and advancement opportunities, benefits and spirit of teamwork set them apart.
- Peter Joworski received Boston magazine's 2011 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Award.
- Julee Fox, a partner with McGladrey & Pullen, was named to Ingrams magazine's "40 Under 40" Class of 2011. Peter Jaworski, wealth management partner, was selected as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager for 2011 by Boston magazine.
- Mike Balter, office managing partner – Ft. Lauderdale, was named one of the Top 100 Power Leaders by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Mike Balter, office managing partner – Ft. Lauderdale, and Phyllis Deiso, national SEC practice leader, were both recognized by South Florida Business leader magazine as Top IMPACT Accounting Leaders
- Frank Compiani, office managing partner – West Palm Beach, was a recipient of the Sun Sentinel's Excalibur Award.
- Christy Oldani, marketing director – Western Region, was named to the St. Louis "40 Under 40" list.
- Carl Dolson, managing director, Tax Services in Central Illinois received the Louis V. Hencken Alumni Service Award from Eastern Illinois University in Charlestown, IL.
- Gregg Stein, wealth manager in the Blue Bell, PA office, was named by Philadelphia Magazine as a "Philadelphia 2010 Five Star Wealth Manager.
- Partner/Managing Director Marty Brunk was named an influential Marylander by The Daily Record.
- Partner/Managing Director Beth Soukup was named one of 25 "Women Who Mean Business" by Kansas City Business Journal.
- Wealth Management Advisor Gregg Stein in Bluebell, PA was named the Philadelphia Five Star Wealth Manager by Philadelphia Magazine, making him a two-time winner of the award.
- Customer service representatives Pat Smith and Robert Edwards were each recognized by Microsoft as "Top Customer Service Managers" for top ten existing customer sales revenue among Microsoft Partners for the second quarter of 2010.
- McGladrey was recognized by the Orange County (CA) Business Journal as a "Best Place to Work in Orange County, and by the Orange County Register as one of the "Top Workplaces Among Small-sized Companies."
- Frank Compiani, office managing partner – West Palm Beach, was named Community Leader of the Year by the Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce.
- CollegeGrad.com named McGladrey as a Top 15 Intern Employer.
- NC Magazine ranked McGladrey #2 on their 2009 Top 10 Employers list.
- The Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants (ISCPA) appointed McGladrey Tax Director Virginia Striegel as chair of the Exempt Organizations Committee of the ISCPA for 2009-2010.
- McGladrey was selected as a winner of the Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility in the greater Dallas area.
- The Des Moines Business Record named McGladrey as the "Best Business Consulting Firm" and McGladrey & Pullen as the "Best Accounting Firm for 2008."
- The Charlotte Business Journal named McGladrey as a "Best Place to Work" in the mid-sized business category.
- McGladrey's Rochester, Minn. office was awarded the prestigious Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- Frank Compiani in the firm's West Palm Beach office received the South Florida Business Journal's Ultimate CEO Award.
- Crain's Chicago Business named McGladrey the fifth largest accounting firm in Chicago.