Medicare DSH and SSI – A critical success factor in indigent care funding strategy
Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012
1 to 2:30 p.m. EDT
Noon to 1:30 p.m. CDT
View webcast recording
Download webcast slides
Given the complexities of Medicare cost reporting and regulations, many organizations are challenged with ineffective processes to manage their Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment stream.
Through this webcast, learn current regulatory and legal developments and how the future will impact the Medicare DSH and SSI component of your hospital’s overall indigent care funding approach.
- Review of Medicare DSH and SSI basics and where this information is reflected in the Medicare cost report
- Best practices to validate results
- Current developments and unresolved issues regarding days included in the calculation
- Deciphering DSH and SSI eligibility and multi-state requirements
- Affordable Care Act changes to the DSH payment formula
- Recognizing and correcting errors in the SSI ratio
- Implementing strategies to increase cash and improve future reimbursement timing